- Background and Why HIRF is Important?
- The FAA / European Requirements to Demonstrate Compliance – FAA/EASA Harmonized HIRF and Lightning Requirements
- Equipment Qualification
- Aircraft Certification and Testing
- Pitfalls and Problems
- Design Issues
- Discussion of 25.981/25.954 Rule Revision
- Discussion on PED tolerance Policy
With emphasis on practical measurement and design guidance, this workshop is particularly relevant to engineers and technicians involved in aircraft HIRF and Lightning Clearance. As part of the practical presentations, the class will be provided demonstrations concerning critical aspects of the HIRF / IEL testing.
Billy Martin (NIAR: EME Lab Director: Regarded as one of the technical experts on HIRF and Lightning in the United States), Dave Walen (FAA’s Chief Scientific and Technical Advisor for HIRF, EMC and Lightning), Jeff Phillips (NIAR), Tim McDonald (EMA) and Dr. Vignesh Rajamani (Senior Associate, Electrical Engineering &Computer Science Practice, Exponent).
- $2,500 if registered before August 30, 2019
- $2,750 if registered after August 30, 2019
National Institute for Aviation Research - Environmental & EME Test Labs
3800 S. Oliver - Building 23L
Wichita, KS 67210