WASHINGTON, DC, January 5, 2005 – The Board of Directors of the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) has elected James E. Schuster as its Chairman for 2005. Mr. Schuster is Chairman and CEO of Raytheon Aircraft Company, located in Wichita, KS. He previously served as GAMA’s Vice Chairman and Chairman of GAMA’s Security Issues Committee.
The Board also elected Dean M. Flatt as GAMA’s Vice Chairman for 2005. Mr. Flatt is President and CEO of Honeywell Aerospace Electronic Systems, located in Phoenix, AZ. He previously served as Chairman of GAMA’s Flight Operations Policy Committee and will now chair GAMA’s Security Issues Committee.
Following Mr. Schuster’s election, the following GAMA Board members accepted his invitation to serve in key leadership positions for the Association during 2005:
- Robert A. Barrett, President of PerkinElmer Fluid Sciences, will continue to chair GAMA’s Safety Affairs Committee.
- Peter G. Edwards, President, Business Aircraft, Bombardier Aerospace, will continue to chair GAMA’s Technical Policy Committee.
- Jack J. Pelton, Chairman, President and CEO of Cessna Aircraft Company, will chair GAMA’s Flight Operations Policy Committee.
- John G. Rosanvallon, President and CEO of Dassault Falcon Jet Corporation, will continue to chair GAMA’s Communications Committee.
- Charles M. Suma, President and CEO of The New Piper Aircraft, Inc., will continue to chair GAMA’s Product Liability & Legal Issues Committee.
- Mark Van Tine, President and COO of Jeppesen will chair GAMA’s International Affairs Committee.