GAMA Showcases Industry Innovation, Sponsors WomenVenture at AirVenture 2018
Washington, DC – The General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) today announced that it will display technological and aircraft innovations in the general aviation industry at this year’s Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) AirVenture airshow, and proudly sponsor WomenVenture.
“It’s an exciting time in general aviation, given the developments in additive manufacturing, hybrid and electric propulsion, and increased automation,” said GAMA President and CEO Pete Bunce. “We look forward to showing airshow attendees the innovations in our industry and what lies ahead for general aviation.”
At the GAMA booth (399) in the Main Aircraft Display will be:
- Eviation’s 5-foot by 5-foot model of its ‘Alice Commuter’ electric aircraft;
- Uber Elevate’s 5-foot by 5-foot model of its electric air taxi;
- Embraer X’s interactive online software allowing visitors to build an electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft;
- A Hartzell Propeller Composite Propeller;
- A True Blue Power Advanced Lithium Ion Battery; and
- Video demonstrations from Autonodyne of its autonomous integration software; from Bell, of its Autonomous Pod Transport and air taxi; from Garmin; and from Terrafugia, of the company’s TF-X and its new progressions.
Additionally, GAMA will display its Glasair Sportsman, built in 2013 by the first annual Aviation Design Challenge winning team, along with information about the life-changing competition to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education in U.S. high schools through aviation curriculum and a virtual fly-off.
GAMA is also sponsoring WomenVenture this year, which is an annual celebration of women in all facets of the aviation community. EAA has scheduled activities throughout the show to provide women the opportunity to connect with other women in aviation, and build camaraderie within the industry.
“Having an array of perspectives in our industry’s leadership and workforce only strengthens it,” said Bunce. “That’s why I’m so proud to have GAMA sponsor the WomenVenture activities this week, which will help continue building the network of talented women in the industry and those who seek to join it.”
For additional information, please contact Sarah McCann, GAMA Director of Communications, at +1 (202) 637-1375 or email@example.com.
GAMA is an international trade association representing over 100 of the world's leading manufacturers of general aviation airplanes and rotorcraft, engines, avionics, components and related services. GAMA's members also operate repair stations, fixed based operations, pilot and maintenance training facilities and manage fleets of aircraft. For more information, visit GAMA's website at www.GAMA.aero.