Media Advisory: In January 17 ‘Demonstration Day’ Civic, Aviation Leaders to Showcase Viability of Alternative Jet Fuels
Washington, DC — On January 17, Los Angeles-area civic leaders will join business aviation leaders to mark a milestone in the development and adoption of Sustainable Alternative Jet Fuels (SAJF) through Business Jets Fuel Green: A Step Toward Sustainability. The group will host a visually compelling, informative, day-long series of events to highlight the SAJF Initiative and resources, and demonstrate the fuels’ viability – long a priority for the business aviation industry.
The January 17 event will mark the official launch of SAJF in use, with demonstration flights showing SAJF in-action, making VNY the first general aviation airport in the U.S. to offer SAJF on a trial basis, and providing a model for offering the fuels at other airports. The SAJF Initiative, including the demonstration day, reflect the industry’s long-standing commitment to emissions reduction, including, among other aims, carbon neutrality from 2020 forward.
WHAT: Business Jets Fuel Green: A Step Toward Sustainability
Demonstration day highlighting an industry’s commitment to development, adoption of SAJF, including in-flight demonstrations.
WHEN: Thursday, January 17, 2019 from 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
The multifaceted day-long event will include:
- 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM: SAJF Basics Workshop, including a panel discussion on the future of the fuels.
- 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM: Luncheon with sources available for media interviews.
- 1:45 PM – 3:00 PM: Live in-flight demonstrations with aircraft flying on SAJF.
- 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM: Media event commemorating the demo launch.
- 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM: Reception.
WHERE: Van Nuys Airport | Los Angeles, California
WHO: Interview opportunities available with key leadership and other event participants, including:
- Pete Bunce, President and CEO of the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA).
- David Coleal, Chair, GAMA Environment Committee, and President, Bombardier Business Aircraft.
- Deborah Flint, CEO of Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA).
- Nury Martinez, City of Los Angeles Councilwoman, 6th District.
- Curt Castagna, President of the Van Nuys Airport Association (VNAA).
- Gary Dempsey, President of the National Air Transportation Association (NATA), and Tim Obitts, NATA Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel.
- Ed Bolen, President and CEO of the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA).
- Athar Husain Khan, Secretary General of the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA).
- Charles Etter, Staff Scientist, Gulfstream Aerospace.
- Kurt Edwards, Director General of the International Business Aviation Council (IBAC).
- Steve Drzymalla, Senior Vice President, Business Aviation Bulk Fuel, World Fuel Services.
- Bryan Sherbacow, Chief Commercial Officer, World Energy.
- C.R. Sincock, Managing Director of Business Development, Avfuel Corporation.
- Keith Sawyer, Manager of Alternative Fuels, Avfuel Corporation.
- Chris Wilcox, Special Projects Lead, Gevo.
- Tim Cesarek, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Gevo.
Click here to RSVP for the event.
For additional information, please contact Sarah McCann, GAMA Director of Communications, at email@example.com.
GAMA is an international trade association representing over 100 of the world's leading manufacturers of general aviation airplanes and rotorcraft, engines, avionics, components and related services. GAMA's members also operate repair stations, fixed based operations, pilot and maintenance training facilities and manage fleets of aircraft. For more information, visit GAMA's website at www.GAMA.aero.