The EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020 is a unique forum in Europe to discuss the latest developments for rotorcraft from a safety perspective. Due to the COVID 19 circumstances this year, the Symposium will be modified into a live virtual event focusing on VTOL developments and safety perspectives. Our speakers will be EASA Experts from various disciplines and will present the latest developments to enable the safe operation of VTOL aircrafts.
The live session on the 9th December from 14:00 till 16:00 will concentrate on the Rotorcraft Safety Roadmap.
Additionally, at the end of November we will upload the following 9 video presentations focusing on the current status of the Means of Compliance to support the Special Conditions on VTOL:
- Setting the scene – Update on the regulatory framework to enable electric and hybrid VTOL operations in Europe, Global state of play for Airworthiness standard for VTOLs.
- Advance of EASA Position on Energy Reserve
- Interaction Systems and Structures, Design Loads, Component loads, Structural Durability, Aeroelasticity, Protection of Structure, Materials and Processes and , Special Factors of Safety
- Flight Envelopes and Stall characteristics
- Human Factors, applicability of 1302-criteria, Flight crew compartment, occupant physical environment, installations & operation information; instrument, control markings & placards
- Landing Gear Systems; Doors, canopies and exits
- Ditching, flotation; safety equipment; means of egress and emergency exit
- Fire Protection in Designated Fire Zones
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Roadmap
You are invited to view these short presentations beforehand and ask your question(s) via the tools integrated in the platform. We will be answering your questions during the second part of the live session on the 9th December.
Free access for all participants. For further information and to register please follow this link.